The successful running of a contact centre demands a fine balance between people, processes and technology. Of the three, people are the least predictable and perhaps the most difficult to manage, as indicated by the high staff attrition and absenteeism rates prevalent in many contact centres.
Our experience has proven that having the right agent with the right skills at the right time, is the key to being able to answer customers’ questions properly and resolve calls effectively – and this is made possible through the use of structured workforce optimisation processes and tools.
Our Workforce Optimisation services enhance agent performance by:
• Managing the quality of agent performance through recording, evaluating and improving their interactions with customers
• Managing agent competencies by defining and developing the skills they need to perform optimally
• Managing your phone, web and email-based agent workforce with regard to forecasting, scheduling and performance monitoring
Furthermore, overall contact centre performance is boosted by:
• Analysing trends in customer interactions, allowing you to manage customer service and back office processes
• Analysing back office agents’ workflow patterns and efficient use of technologies
• Managing customer satisfaction based on feedback gathered through IVR-based customer surveys
• The expansion of scope of functionality i.e. back office WFM , etc
• The role of these tools in supporting the organisation to understand, measure and improve
• The opportunity to use these tools to create measures and KPIs that support the organisation’s strategic objectives
• A deeper focus on analytics and customer feedback tools
Most contact centres have achieved acceptably good levels of performance but the return on investment on additional initiatives is not perceived as sufficient to pursue them. This is where analytics features; analytics is defined as the 'science of analysis' and is about the effective use of business data to support, drive and manage decisions. Using analytics to make the right decisions and optimise resources, organisations have a much better chance at cutting costs, delivering value to their customers and ultimately retaining their competitive advantage. Analytics provides the insight into which initiatives will deliver the most impact.
Find out about more about Analytics and the Workforce Optimisation Assessment to ensure your contact centre’s performance is maximised.