Risk Management is a continuous and developing process that runs through the organisation’s strategy and the implementation of that strategy. The Dimension Data Group functions within a rapidly changing business climate, fierce competition and also faces a wide variety of business risks from natural disasters and other unforeseen events. The Dimension Data Group aims to methodically address all risk through a unified approach to risk management.
The Board of Directors of Dimension Data Holdings plc recognises its responsibility for protecting the organisation, its people, assets and profits against the (adverse) consequences of pure risk, with a view to ensuring that the Group’s business objectives are met. These key objectives include:
• To maximise long term shareholder value
• To develop and grow existing customer relationships and partnerships
• To protect our assets and our environment
• To develop and protect our people and Intellectual Property
• To protect the reputation and brand name of Dimension Data worldwide a subsidiary of NTT
• To further develop our investment in good corporate governance
• To achieve our vision of becoming world leaders in the provision and management of application network solutions.
In 2011, we placed additional emphasis on Information Security to safeguard our intellectual property, protect our clients’ confidential data, and defend our employees against information asset crime. We have rolled out comprehensive policies and procedures, including encryption, information classification and robust security measures to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and availability of all company and client data.