Dimension Data was founded in 1974 and today operates in 13 countries in the Asia Pacific region. Our growth has been driven by our clients' need to operate efficiently in an environment where collaborative partnerships and the intelligent network have emerged as the two most important business enablers. Our rich heritage in networking and innate understanding of network-related technologies differentiate us from our competitors, and our growth is achieved by consistently striving to exceed our clients' expectations.
Our vision is to be world leaders in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure solutions that help our clients achieve their business goals.
Who we are today is very much the result of where we have come from and our business experiences along the way. You can gain greater insight into our business and growth from this snapshot of our history and milestones.
2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005 • 2004 • 2003 • 2002 • 2001 • 2000
1999 • 1998 • 1997 • 1996 • 1995 • 1994 • 1993 • 1992 • 1990 • 1989 • 1985 • 1983 • 1975 • 1974
• In May, Datacraft Asia is renamed as Dimension Data Asia Pacific.
• In November, Datacraft acquires Integral Axon Computer Systems, an IT services company.
• BSNL partners Datacraft to build, operate and manage Data centre optimisation services and Business transformation services.
• In October, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) acquired 100% of Dimension Data, a US$4.7 billion global IT services and solutions provider.
• Datacraft is inducted as a Performance Leader to the Palladium Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame for Executing Strategy.
• Datacraft Singapore was honoured as 2010 Microsoft Country Partner of the Year for Singapore.
• Datacraft New Zealand won Cisco Innovation Partner of the Year Award at Cisco Australia and New Zealand Insight 2010 Partner Conference.
• In May, Datacraft partnered with Cisco to unveil the future of world-class cities at World Expo 2010 Shanghai, China.
• Dimension Data and Datacraft won 30 Awards at 2010 Cisco Partner Summit.
• Datacraft and Dimension Data were awarded the Global Solution Provider of the Year Award at VMware Partner Exchange 2010.
• In April, Datacraft Asia Ltd is renamed as Datacraft Asia Pte Ltd.
• Dimension Data/ Datacraft achieves a milestone with sale of over One Million IP phones worldwide
• Datacraft Asia is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a $3.8 billion global multinational group - the company's privatisation positions Datacraft as a stronger force
• Datacraft acquires Security-Assessment.com, a world-leading IT Security Consulting firm
• Datacraft forms joint venture with Sumisho Computer Systems Corporation (SCS), Japan.
• Dimension Data/Datacraft - Cisco Global Enterprise Partner of the Year.
• Datacraft Korea - Cisco Solutions Innovation Partner of the Year.
• Training Partners - Cisco APAC Learning Partner of the Year.
• Datacraft Asia implements the Cisco Global Service Alliance in Asia Pacific.
• Datacraft Asia won Cisco Asia Pacific Partner of the Year award.
• Datacraft India won Cisco Asia Pacific Security Partner of the Year award.
• Datacraft India also won Cisco Asia Pacific Enterprise Partner of the Year award.
• Datacraft joins forces with Sun Microsystems.
• Dimension Data/Datacraft won the prestigious Cisco Global Partner of the Year award.
• Datacraft consolidates five Managed Service operations into one Global Services Centre in India.
• Datacraft brand relaunch: rejuvenated and refocused to drive business growth.
• Datacraft ties up with Microsoft.
• William Padfield appointed as CEO of Datacraft Asia in August.
• Patrick Quarmby appointed as Chairman of Datacraft Asia in May.
• Datacraft signs Global partnership agreement with EMC Corporation in December.
• Datacraft India opens new STARtrac centre and its first full-fledged Training Partners (TP) centre in Bangalore.
• Datacraft moves to capture larger share of fast growing Korean market with US$35 m acquisition of Dasan Electronics.
• Takes full ownership of Indonesian subsidiary, Datacraft Indonesia, by acquiring the remaining 40 per cent equity interest from PT Mitra Intergrasi Informatika for US$16.1 million, its joint venture partner in Indonesia.
• Datacraft launches a complete suite of Business and Operation Support Systems branded iBOSS to help service providers innovate fast, manage effectively.
• Datacraft broadens its managed network service capabilities with the acquisition of Multisoft (Singapore) for S$12.1 million.
• Datacraft New Zealand fortifies services business with the purchase of cabling solutions company, National Communication Services (NCS) for NZ$8.5 million (US$4.0 million).
• Takes full ownership of Indian subsidiary, Datacraft RPG, by acquiring the remaining 45 per cent equity interest from RPG Group for US$32.5 million, its joint venture partner in India.
• Bought 60% stake in Singapore-based Internet consulting firm, PlaNET Technology for S$13.8 million in May.
• Acquires a 77.14% stake in Malaysia-based DFI Consulting, a well-established business consulting & ERP integration firm, for US$10.15 million.
• Makes foray into e-commerce consulting with the acquisition of HK-based I Square Solutions Limited for US$5.25 million in January.
• Strengthens its presence in Japan with a second acquisition, PTS Co Ltd, a leading IT services company in Japan, is acquired for US$23.6 million.
• Acquires a Japanese networking systems integrator NETWAVE Inc for US$37.5 million.
• Acquires Net & Data in China through its newly established wholly-owned subsidiary, Datacraft Networks (China) Inc.
• Acquires Commis Network Inc. in South Korea.
• Expands into South Korea with the acquisition of Perfect Network Inc.
• Acquires EMS Wiring Systems, a Singapore cabling company.
• Datacraft RPG opens 2 offices in Hyderabad and Pune, India.
• Launches STARtrac - renovated and expanded 24-hour network management centre.
• Expands into Vietnam with the set up of two offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
• The Dimension Data Group, a highly successful I.T. company in South Africa, acquires a major shareholding in Datacraft Asia through their purchase of Datacraft Ltd.
• Datacraft China acquires UCS Communications, adding 5 more offices to its operations.
• Datacraft Taiwan opens 3 support centres in Hsinchu, Taichung and Kaoshiung.
• Datacraft China adds 2 new support centres in Shenzhen and Hangzhou.
• Datacraft Malaysia sets up 5 support centres located in Penang, Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.
• Becomes the first Asian company to achieve region-wide Cisco Gold Partner status from Cisco Systems.
• Acquires Adcoms International in the Philippines and forms Datacraft Adcoms (Phils.), Inc.
• Datacraft Asia is ranked the overall Best Performing share on the Stock Exchange of Singapore for 1996.
• Datacraft Asia is selected as one of the founding stocks on the Singapore Regional Stock Index for its successful regionalised operation and geographic spread.
• Acquires Datacraft New Zealand.
• Datacraft Malaysia teams up with Superior Communications of Malaysia to set up a joint venture company, Transys Sdn Bhd in Malaysia.
• Sets up a joint venture company in Indonesia in partnership with P.T. Metrodata.
• Datacraft China opens Shanghai, Xian and Fuzhou offices.
• Datacraft China opens Chengdu office.
• Listed on the Main Board of Stock Exchange of Singapore.
• Acquires Netcorp in Singapore.
• Establishes Technical Assistance Centre to offer 24-hour networking services.
• Sets up Training Partners Pte Ltd in Singapore, Datacraft Asia's subsidiary.
• Awarded OHQ status in Singapore by the Economic Development Board.
• Sets up Datacraft ICIM, a joint venture between Datacraft Asia and Fujitsu-ICIM, and opens five offices in India.
• Incorporated in Singapore and acquires the entire Asian operations of Datacraft Limited, its parent company.
• Datacraft Taiwan is established.
• Datacraft China is incorporated, and opens Beijing & Guangzhou offices.
• Datacraft Thailand is established.
• Datacraft Malaysia is set up.
• Datacraft Singapore is established.
• Starts its operation in Asia with the setup of the Hong Kong office.
• Datacraft Limited founded in Melbourne, Australia.