Dimension Data announces executive appointments following introduction of client-first operating model
Strategy and operating model have shaped a new structure
Dimension Data has announced a restructured executive team as part of the implementation of its group consolidation announced in March this year. The changes are geared at addressing faster decision making, sharper execution and greater levels of employee empowerment to deliver on the client-centric approach.
“We embarked on a far-reaching process nine months ago to examine our client base, the markets we operate in across MEA, key technology adoption trends and how we enable the best possible way to service clients. This process resulted in a change to our operating model. To fully capacitate this shift, we have now aligned our structure to deliver on this commitment. Most critically, it puts the right people in the right place across our entire ecosystem,” said Dimension Data CEO Grant Bodley.
The following changes are operational with immediate effect:
- Setumo Mohapi has been appointed as Chief Go-to-Market Officer with each of the GTMs, as well as the Alliances portfolio reporting to him.
- Leads across individual go to markets are:
- Intelligent Workplace will be led by Graham Parker
- Intelligent Business Applications will be led by Ed Gassner
- Intelligent Customer Experience will be led by Nompumelelo Mokou
- Intelligent Security will be led by Tony Walt
- Setumo Mohapi will lead Intelligent Infrastructure as an interim measure
- Werner Kapp has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer. The heads of each region will report to Werner. In addition, the geographic-wide sales and service delivery functions will form part of his portfolio of responsibility and the executives in the regions will also report to him.
- West Africa
- East Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Southern Africa, Sales and Service
- Barry Curtin remains Chief Financial Officer
- Michaela Voller remains Chief Human Resources Officer
- Manelisa Mavuso has been appointed Chief Marketing Officer
- Zellah Fuphe remains Chief Corporate Governance Director
- Saki Missiakos remains Chief Strategy Officer
- Jay Reddy joins the strategy office as Chief Technology Officer and Sherrard Govender also joins the strategy office as Chief Information Officer
- The leads of complementary brands MWEB and Merchants will report to Saki.
- George Todd leads our Merchants brand
- Sean Nourse leads our MWEB brand
- Steven Nathan will continue to lead the group’s corporate finance function and will report to Chairman Jeremy Ord.
“The executive team is representative of all elements of our new operating model that must work together seamlessly for us to achieve our strategic goals. We have purposely expanded the team beyond the direct CEO reporting line, to ensure that the entire business across every region and every GTM is aligned and correctly enabled,” said Bodley.