Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Dimension Data is looking to add a DevOps Engineer within their global cloud division to help the business unit automate a variety of internal and external infrastructure tasks to help save the company money and deliverable scalable Cloud Platform solutions to their customers, quicker. There are a variety of functions and projects this engineer will be tied to including automating ESX builds, Server Builds and other operations/datacenter tasks. This individual will work on a team of 8 other DevOps Engineers (3 in San Diego and 5 in India) to help drive automation within the company. They will work heavily with technical internal teams to promote, educate and adopt automation within their respective teams. This individual must be passionate about scripting and automation and have the ability to share that passion throughout the enterprise. This engineer will be working with a variety of tools including Chef, Jenkins, ELK stack, Python scripting, RHEL and others.
What you'll be doing
- Program and write scripts against REST APIs
- Create Python, bash and pearl scripts from scratch to automate infrastructure tasks (automate ESX builds, Cisco networking equipment, Virtual Center Builds, etc )
- Troubleshoot and administer Linux servers (RedHat and CentOS)
- Configure Cisco networking gear (routing/switching)
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- 2+ years with creating Python Scripts from scratch
- Experience programming against REST APIs
- Professional experience with any CM tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)... They will be working mostly with either Ansible or Chef, depending on the customer or project
- Expert with (RHEL) Engineering
- Strong communication skills, as this person will be working with a variety of global technical teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.