Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Application Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. The primary objectives are to build application functionality, analyze and resolve issues, perform unit testing, and work as a team member within the Agile development process. The Application Developer will also be responsible for leading projects, maintaining development standards, and mentoring other developers.
What you'll be doing
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of NexTEM, a web-based SaaS application
- Actively participate as a team member within the Agile development process
- Analyze and resolve bugs and system issues
- Interact with stakeholders and application users during development and maintenance activities
- Document technical approach, business logic, and implementation details as part of development process
- Estimating development time for defined tasks
- Ensuring that code is clean and meets quality standards
- Leading a development team
- Mentoring Associate Application Developers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
Work Experience Required
- Experience with .NET (C# and/or VB), Microsoft Visual Studio, and SQL Server
- Experience with Agile development process desired
- 3 - 7 years of experience with IT systems and development tools
- Ability to create and maintain logical, bug-free, and documented code
- Ability to write stored procedures and queries in SQL Server
- Experience with reporting tools such as SSRS or Logi Analytics a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting systems issues
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Skills and Core Competencies
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular, WebApi, REST, CSS and SQL Server is preferred.
- Outside of the box thinker
- A team player willing to develop and share intellectual capital
- The ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner is imperative, as the candidate will communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good interpersonal skills
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.