Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Telecom Specialist’s main objective is to ensure that all invoices are processed within the service level agreement (SLA) and that all exceptions are researched and resolved. The Telecom Specialist will also ensure that new telecommunications inventory is identified and added to inventory. This role is also responsible for securing price quotes from vendors and order fulfillment.
What you'll be doing
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide invoice management services to assigned clients serving as liaison to the client by providing overall accountability and acting in the client’s interest to manage telecommunications cost allocation and invoice exception management
- Performs standard invoice validation checks, documenting and resolving exceptions following the appropriate handling procedures. In addition, follows client invoice exception business rules and guidelines, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all invoice items are assigned appropriate general ledger codes in accordance with the client’s general ledger procedures
- Ensures that services are billed to proper legal entity names and resolves errors with the carriers (applies to US clients only)
- Validates that all invoices are received when expected and escalates and resolves late/missing invoices to the carrier. This function may also result in reporting accrued items to the client.
- Identifies missing payments from previous invoices and interfaces with telecommunications provider to resolve missing payment/cash application errors.
- Ensures that all new services are captured at the account, sub-account, or inventory level (depending upon customer) and that general ledger codes are applied.
- Interfaces with client’s telecommunications service providers (carriers) to resolve exceptions and ensures that invoices are re-issued correctly or that credits are validated on client’s invoices in accordance with exception management and client’s business rules.
- Validates new telecommunications inventory and maintains the client’s inventory
- Ensures that new locations are loaded into system
- Participates in routine weekly or bi-monthly client calls to review results with clients and maintains detailed action plan reports. Prior to these calls, sends status reports to clients making sure that they are loaded onto the local area network (LAN).
- Identifies opportunities across client base for invoice conversion to electronic billing formats and works with Invoice Operations to achieve
- Enter order details (e.g. vendor order number and firm order commitment (FOC) date) into CLM-Enterprise once available from the vendor
- Provide a weekly status report to the client. Communicate with the appropriate individuals regarding local orders to ensure accessibility to telecommunication closets.
- Ensure that all inventory affected by client orders is properly reflected in the system
- Works directly with the client to complete special projects, as assigned by the client
- Delivers support for international invoicing, general ledger coding and invoice analysis
- Secures price quotes from vendors to create options for client’s desired services. Such quotes may range from the simple POTS (plain old telephone service) line quote to the complex solution involving bandwidth, colocation, and telecom terminating equipment.
- Fulfill client-approved telecommunications service requests, specifically, receive and validate service requests, place and track service orders, communicate key service delivery dates, work with providers and clients to overcome all delivery obstacles and coordinate circuit turn up and client acceptance
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Work Experience Required
- Minimum of 3-4 years in a professional work environment
- Minimum of 2 years of providing telecommunications accounts payable services, or carrier telecommunications client service including invoice analysis or other telecom financial role
- Understanding of client cost accounting methodologies
- Understanding of telecommunications wire line and wireless services with at least 3 years of experience in the field
- Proven client service skills with demonstrated written and verbal communications capabilities suitable for client meetings
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Skills and Core Competencies
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and takes pride in delivering demonstrated results
- Goal oriented while exhibiting persistence in follow up, escalation, and resolution
- Ability to multi-task projects, assignments and daily workload while maintaining timely deliverables
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.