MSC Threat & Security Analyst III
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Looking for client-centric investigative analysts
Dimension Data’s Managed Security Service encompasses many teams who collaborate to ensure that our client’s security needs are successfully met. As part of that service, we are building out a team to provide a deeper, more informed level of security event investigation and analysis.
Successful candidates will have a background in client support with the technical and soft skills to present security information to client support staff, directors and incident response teams. Successful candidates will also know the difference in their audiences and will tailor the message to match their audience. Ideal candidates will have a breadth of security application and device knowledge which enables them to ask broader questions, look for more details, provide higher level recommendations and know when to hand off. If you have SIEM use case design experience, that is a plus.
We invite experienced analysts, security engineers who see the gaps, puzzle/problem solvers and meta thinkers who know that details matter, to join our team. The team will work out of an ITIL based ticketing system and will be held to client-centric SLAs. The work for this team begins after initial alert and L1/L2 SOC analysis. This team will be identifying root cause (Or as close as possible) and the supporting evidence for that cause, providing recommendations for remediation based on their expert security expertise, thoughtful research and knowledge of the client’s security architecture. People on this team will be empowered to contribute to the refining of alerts and the initial analysis that the SOC performs, if those enhancements would benefit future investigations and quality of alerting. Finally, the people on this team will have the platform to present to the client on their findings and recommendations.
What you'll be doing
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Use of expert knowledge and industry best practices to investigate security events.
- Main outputs from investigations:
- Request remediation activity based on analysis of pre-triaged events ingested from multiple sources
- Work, in conjunction with multiple parties, to drive the remediation recommendations in the client environment
- Ensure that the remediation of events meets client security standards and is executed in a timely fashion, in accordance with pre-set SLA/SLO’s
- Develop and deliver content tuning request to the RTM service provider
- Provide new content requests based on a newly defined use cases that originate from an investigation
- Run log searches in SIEM tools and analyze log data from various sources
- Become familiar with the client's environment and security posture
- Work with clients, their vendors and other Dimension Data managed services groups to drive remediation actions and the implementation of compensating controls
- Create client facing summary analysis and required reports regularly
- Participate in client facing meeting with stakeholders and deliver analysis and reporting
- Make recommendations to stakeholders on potential projects and processes that can be implemented to improve the security posture of the client
- Work with the account team to deliver the service to increase the value that client receives and perceives from Dimension Data services
Successful completion of an investigation will include:
- Delivering an excellent client experience from initial contact to investigation closure
- Working in an ITIL based ticketing system. Use this system to:
- Accurately track all time
- Document all work and outcomes of analysis
- Make timely updates and meet service level commitments
- Create or update technical documentation on investigation procedures
- Review and update reporting templates, documentation and processes on a regular basis.
Professional Certifications and Education:
- Candidate must have at least one professional industry designation:
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent
- Other relevant security certifications: CEH, Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Security +
- Vendor Certification Requirement
- No vendor certifications are required however candidates are expected to understand and work with the outputs from various security technologies such as perimeter defense solutions, endpoint security solutions, privilege access management solutions and OS log data
- Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Information Security, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or a closely related field, or 10+ years related work experience
Work Experience Required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working within IT, Information Security Departments or Security Operations Centers (SOC) with a strong background in troubleshooting, security event analysis and the various tools, processes and vendors that enable you to be successful
- Experience working in a SOC environment with experience investigating events and driving their remediation / resolution
- Experience working with the output from security products, tools and SIEMs
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.