L1 Support Engineer- 24x7- English and German
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
The primary responsibility of Support Engineers is to provide a service to internal clients to ensure that the IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to end users by managing incidents to resolution. The Support Engineer L1 focuses on first line support for standard and low complexity incidents, requests, problems and events.
Please accept, that only candidates with valid EU work permission will be proceed.
What you'll be doing
Be part of a dedicated project for one of the leading european suppliers of transport solutions and commercial vehicles.
- 24/7 Level 1 support with the main focus on Data Centre Technologies
- Monitoring of the ticketing system (Service Now) and ticket handling
- Ticket coordination between client and partners
- Basic trouble shooting supporting Data Centre Technologies with focus on Linux and Windows Servers
- Technical coordination and preparation of technical documentation and reports
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Relevant work experience in the areas of Data Centre and Security - Basic Data Centre knowledge (servers, virtualization, backup services)
- Understanding of Event, Incident, Request, Change and Problem Management as per ITIL best practice
- Fluent English (in speaking and writing) - at least B2
- German is a big plus
- A structured approach combined with a very careful, accurate and results-oriented approach, particularly in problem analysis
- Strong customer and service orientation combined with good work etiquette, good communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to work on 24x7 shifts
working experience with managing Linux (SLES 11 / SLES 12 / RedHat 7 / Oracle Linux 7 - CLI) Server: Advanced Troubleshooting, iSCSI / Multipath
knowledge of managing Windows servers would be a big plus
We can offer you:
- 10% yearly bonus
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 3 sick days per year
- Notebook and mobile phone
- Meal vouchers in value of 100 CZK with 55% company subsidy
- Contribution to the pension insurance in the amount of 1,000 CZK monthly
- Contribution to public transport (full coverage of annual ticket)
- Compensation of salary beyond the statutory wage compensation in the amount of the full fixed basic salary for temporary incapacity up to 21 days per year
- Over standard healthcare
- Refreshment (fruit, coffee, tea), monthly company breakfasts
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.