Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Is a technical expert in systems and storage engineering for our Cloud Infrastructure and related Cloud applications and services. Applies engineering principles, procedures and techniques to perform systems and storage engineering assignments related to onboarding of customers and support of Cloud products and their underlying systems. Works closely with other engineering and operations disciplines to ensure inter-disciplinary communication and coordination. Provides technical guidance, leadership and training and documentation. Ultimately responsible for activities related to large and critical customer deployments and solutions. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary decisions and need to be self-sufficient.
What you'll be doing
Major areas of responsibility
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Act as CET team lead
- Serves as hands-on technical expert and assumes additional responsibilities as needed to develop customer solutions/integrations, solve system/storage engineering deployment problems, with the focus of improving new customer's onboarding processes.
- Produce build and implementation documentation for configuration of systems, applications, and storage
- Oversee and coordinate customer deployment and facilitate migration of customers into our Cloud Infrastructure.
- Provides technical system/storage engineering support and training for internal groups and customers.
- Provide Cloud Infrastructure conceptual design assistance and provide technical guidance to Sales and Global Solution Architects.
- Lead large Customer solution design and develop implementation plans for our cloud infrastructure.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements.
- Assist with security and audit activities related to Cloud infrastructure.
- Senior Escalation support for Operations.
- Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
- Strong operating systems scripting skills. (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Perl)
- Experience in automating system and application builds (Ansible, puppet, chef, salt)
- Experience working with web service based api’s (REST, SOAP)
- Experience working in a Cloud or Hosting environments
- Experience working with developers/programmers
- Linux/Unix and Windows experience required - hands-on experience and knowledge of system internals
- Experience working with Virtualization, specifically in VMware.
- Experience working with EMC & Netapp storage solutions.
- Experience with relational and conventional database technologies (SAP HANA, MySQL, SQLserver).
- Working knowledge of FTP/DNS, AD and LDAP
- Understanding of networking and switching
- Understanding of PCI & SSAE certification requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent 10+ years of experience.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.