Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Sr Solution Architect is a consultative solution focused individual that works closely with the post sales team, sales team, mentor’s peers, and contributes to organizational best practices. The Sr Solution Architect must be capable of leading solution driven discussions, mapping business requirements to technical solutions, and leading complex architectures and deployments. The Sr Solution Architect will produce integrated or converged designs and implementations across multiple solutions and supporting documentation as part of the sales process. The Sr Solution Architect will act as a subject matter expert in one or two solution sets and provide expertise through mentoring, design oversight, and establishing best practices for the area. The Sr Solution Architect has experience with client engagement in specific market segments (which may include; Global, Enterprise, Commercial and Territory) and associated business verticals. The Sr Solution Architect is a champion for Dimension Data solution and service offerings. Expert ability to architect, consult and deploy all solutions within individual’s skillset.
What you'll be doing
- Fully understands and embraces the Dimension Data go to market strategy, our differentiators, vision, and service/solution offerings
- Provides technical leadership within strategic account planning teams for key clients and communicates with other resources across organizations to enhance the effectiveness of the engagement
- Contributes to the development of best practices including standardized templates and documentation
- Takes ownership of high level complexity architectural designs
- Takes a consultative approach to expand client requirements into additional opportunities
- Provides mentoring to the team through design reviews, technical guidance, and soft-skills development
- Communicates with the team, sharing knowledge that will enhance the effectiveness of the team
- Lead the deployment with Project Manager, responsibilities to include but not limited to; assist with assembling the deployment team, team oversite, manage hours and cost with the project manager, continue consulting with the client, create implementation plans, test plans and all required documentation from design to closure. Mentoring team members to include “lunch and learn” types of sessions.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Must achieve and maintain expert and/or specialist level certifications across DD Strategic vendors or equivalent level of experience
- At least 10-15 years of related industry experience.
- Advanced Network Engineering with complex planning and execution
- Advanced Data Center Network Engineering with complex planning and execution
- Advanced Unified Communications and Collaboration Engineering with complex planning and execution
- Enterprise documentation and planning expertise
- Highly developed technical capability across a broad range of products, services, and solutions
- Proven ability to map business needs to technology solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships
- Comfortable communicating and leading client discussions and meetings at a business and technical level
- Required strong verbal and written communication skills along with a willingness to mentor others in both technical and soft-skill areas
- Consistently working independently with the ability to properly engage additional resources efficiently as needed.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.