Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Advanced Technical Consultant provides design, configuration and escalated problem management (at expert level) in client environments of medium to high complexity. The technically focused Advanced Technical Consultant has obtained expert level technical certification, while demonstrating and applying business ability. This position requires an employee to translate medium to high complexity business requirements into functional requirements and through technical expertise translate the requirements into technical solutions. The Advanced Technical Consultant is expected to provide problem management assistance at escalated levels. They act as user support and assist with trouble shooting. In addition, the technically focused Advanced Technical Consultant demonstrates strong business ability, while maintaining a mix of both business and expert technical discipline. The Advanced Technical Consultant acts as trusted advisor to the client through demonstrating an understanding of the client’s requirements and expertise in the relevant technologies.
What you'll be doing
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- The individual holds overall technical responsibility for a proposed technical solution
- Works with LOB Manager and Managing Solution Architects to forecast resource needs and ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Demonstrated ability to provide an overall high-level design of technical or service solutions for medium to complex business situations
- Plays an active role in enhancing current solution concepts or creating new ones. The individual proactively provides experience in practically improving Dimension Data systems, services and operational processes
- Represents Dimension Data on a business level at client meetings
- Reviews project proposals/SOWs, project plans, documentation, pricing and delivery schedules
- Contribute expertise around the solution design and configuration requirements in relation to and proposals
- Serves as the technical expert for project challenges within region
- Assists with the development and rollout of new delivery methodologies and continually reviews and updates current methodologies.
- Works with other ATCs to drive delivery specific initiatives and ensure adoption by region
- Drives superior working relationships with key vendor delivery/solution contacts
- Responsible for the analysis of user and technical requirements, specifications development, solution design and development, and in some environments may consult on testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and engage clients and identify opportunities at a medium to high level. Provide assistance to Pre-Sales and are involved in pre-sales processes within medium to high level complexity client environments
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- CCIE level security expertise required. CCIE cert strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, CheckPoint and/or Fortinet firewalls required
- Demonstrated technical expert in the given field through papers, presentations, project experience Work Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 to10 years of experience in the IT industry Skills and Core Competencies
- Highly developed technical capability across a broad range of products/solutions
- Ability to map business needs to technology solutions
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships
- Analytical skills and proven ability to work with a client to understand requirements and define appropriate technical solutions
- Well-developed consultancy skills and ability to coach junior consultants
- Expertise at presenting and communicating technical solutions to both a technical and lay audience
- A team player willing to develop and share intellectual capital. A strong client service orientation.
- Possesses skills in cost estimating, developing project timelines, gaining client approval, project leadership, and presentation of solutions to clients
- Demonstrated understanding of key technology issues in today’s market and the ability to stay ahead of the technology curve to ensure timely development and deployment of new solutions
- Displays good interpersonal skills and is able to work well in a team. They have strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills. They are able to motivate a team of Technical Consultants to ensure optimal performance.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Must achieve and maintain expert and/or specialist level certifications across DD Strategic vendors or equivalent level of experience
- At least 10-15 years of related industry experience.
- Advanced Network Security Engineering with complex planning and execution
- Enterprise documentation and planning expertise
- Highly developed technical capability across a broad range of products, services, and solutions
- Proven ability to map business needs to technology solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships
- Comfortable communicating and leading client discussions and meetings at a business and technical level
- Required strong verbal and written communication skills along with a willingness to mentor others in both technical and soft-skill areas
- Consistently working independently with the ability to properly engage additional resources efficiently as needed.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.