Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Networking Technical Architect’s primary responsibility will be to interpret business requirements into a technical network solutions framework and to provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. They will specify and design less complex solutions based on their technical expertise across multiple domains. This will include the ability to design the physical domain from the communications layer, to networking protocols, network gear, interconnects, hardware for all services (apps, web, database, storage and HA/DR) and all cloud services for hybrid solutions.
What you'll be doing
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive technical sales: provide technical advice and propose recommendations on new design and technologies to existing/potential clients, taking into consideration the infrastructure and business needs.
- Provide analysis, design, recommendations and support to the pre-sales team throughout the pre-sales/bidding/proposal preparation stage.
- Interface with clients on the development and implementation of new solutions/infrastructures according to SLA.
- Evaluate/implement design principles and methodology to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal use of technologies and resources can be achieved.
Qualifications, Experiences and Attributes
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 - 5 years hands-on experience in one of the four job functions - Network, Security, Data Centre or Customer Experience; of which 1 - 3 years in pre-sales or professional services environment
- Thai/Mandarin/Tamil/Japanese or Korean speaking will be an added advantage
Certification preference (not compulsory)
- CCNP Routing & Switching, or
- F5-CTS : LTM Specialist - Architect, Setup, and Deploy, or
- Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.