Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Consulting Engineer has the ability to make configurations, action installations and attend to break/fix events at a mid-high complexity level. Their primary function is to ensure the delivery of solutions to our clients is performed in a quality manner.
The individual will attain and maintain an expert level of training, certifications, experience and knowledge, and provide escalation assistance. The Consulting Engineer must have extensive expert experience providing excellent remote support, and will be required to participate in troubleshooting problems as well as planning strategically with clients throughout the lifecycle of their services.
What you'll be doing
- Own larger portions of an installation, break/fix incidents at various levels of complexity. Take responsibility for problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles
- Respond to escalated client requests and support client applications to a first line resolution
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant third parties
- Functions jointly through PS Sr. Consulting Engineers or directly with clients. Uses customer engagement skills to conduct presentations within the client’s organization.
- Performs periodic telephonic duty on the technical service desk, providing second line telephonic support to clients
- Responsible for quality standards for a delivered solution or installation
- Contribute to project planning including level of effort estimating and time line development
- Contribute to onsite requirements gathering and development of Requirements Definitions
- Contribute to various level Design Deliverables
- Pre-configure hardware and software before installation on client site (staging)
- Responsible for onsite installation of hardware/software
- Responsible for Test Plan development and deliverable
- Responsible for successful execution of Test Plan
- Responsible for serving as the client contact from start to finish of the product deployment and implementation; as well as product or service enhancements
- Responsible for completing Global Service Center transition package
- Provide telephonic, remote and on-site support to clients
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field. Achievement of multiple, high-level vendor certifications
- Certifications such as but not limited to, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCIE, etc.
- Technology certifications such as but not limited to, routing and switching, voice, customer experience, video, physical security, networking security, wireless, data center, Microsoft, etc.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in a related field. Ability to provide documented prior success in the role of lead on at least three projects for existing Dimension Data clients or via reference from former clients or employers.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.