Data Centre Solutions Architect
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect to join our NSW business and focus on being the trusted advisor to our clients and internal solutions team. As a Solution Architect you will have responsibility for solution design and business development. The DC Solutions Architect provides technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client’s current data centre capabilities and ensuring technical solutions will accomplish the client's objectives
What you'll be doing
You will be required to provide high level technical architecture and expertise to support the sales, presales and the bid process
Your typical responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the sales, bid and account management process
- Interact and involve vendors where required to form a solution
- Gather customer requirements
- Define and design scope of works
- Provide high level architecture across "Datacentre Domains" to support responses to RFI's and RFP's
- Engage with customers and vendors throughout the solution design phase
- Present business and solution cases
- Conduct workshops and meetings to discuss and explain RFP's
- Compare and contrast solutions, options and costings across multiple vendors
- Be the main point of contact for Datacentre related matters within the professional services division
- Assist with technical business development in a customer facing, C-Level environment
- Quickly align technology to meet client and business requirements
- Create go to market products and assessment services for hybrid cloud solutions
- Own vendor relationships
What would make you a good fit for this role?
This position will require you to have a deep technical knowledge across:
- Data Centre Infrastructure (Storage, Compute and Virtualisation, Public Cloud (Azure, AWS and GCP) & Hybrid Cloud
- Deep and broad knowledge across backup, storage, disaster recovery and migration / consolidation strategies Converged and Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- NetApp Storage and Cloud OnTap
- Dell EMC Storage
- Converged and Hyper Converged Architecture
- Referenced architecture’s such as FlexPod, vBlock & FlashStack
- Cisco UCS
- Dell VX-Rail
- HPE Synergy
- VMware VCF
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.