Technical Lead Managed Services
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Technical Management Office Team is a dynamic and high performing team of technical specialists are responsible for driving capability improvements, operational standards and efficiencies within the managed services organisation. The primary purpose of this team is to work with our Delivery towers, key vendors and go to market practice leads to understand the roadmap of new technologies and services that our managed services business will be required to support.
The technical Lead will provide both technical and business inputs across the range of Dimension Data’s Managed Services, including alignment with our go to market practices delivery towers and global strategy. As this is a senior technical position the technical lead will be actively defining operational standards and driving efficiencies within our centralised computing delivery tower as well as acting as a trusted technical adviser.
What you'll be doing
- Drive improvements in the technical capabilities in line with existing and new market requirements.
- Work with our managed services delivery towers, our regional and global go to market practice leads and key vendors to understand the technical roadmap for new technologies and services
- Define and design a technical training roadmap as a consequence of services strategy and deal demand.
- Defining operational standards, builds, configurations and ongoing review of resource management models.
- Creating and growing a community of practice for expert engineering.
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies across the managed services business.
- Perform proactive activities to identify and develop opportunities for operational efficiencies. Develop business cases, reports, architectures, designs and specifications together with technical documentation and operational procedures. Liaise with delivery tower leads and client leads and other business stakeholders as required.
- Actively participate in the brainstorming, definition and articulation of new services to be included in proposals to be offered to customers.
- Execute to the Managed Services business plan and strategies relating to Engineering. Input to and influence high-level operational strategy, system policy, procedural, and financial planning discussions with technical, business and client stakeholders. Manage operational performance.
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
This role requires:
- A proactive mind set with exceptional attention to detail, interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication skills (includes technical documenting), and
- Automation and scripting capabilities preferable, along with proven technical expertise across a range of disciplines that may include Servers, Operating Systems, Storage, Virtualisation, Networking, Element Managers and Middleware.
- An ability to work collaboratively with technical and business stakeholders and to understand and document operational standards, capability improvements.
- Strong presentation skills
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- A professional, theoretical and conceptual knowledge across mainstream computing systems (including Microsoft, IBM, HP, SUN, Linux), architectural design, and systems integration, typically acquired through related work experience.
- Relevant hands-on operational experience and excellent technical knowledge with enterprise class operational platforms, applications, server components, operating systems and common architectures (storage, virtualisation, networking, and middleware). Demonstrated experience in Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, PowerShell, Exchange, and file/print services. Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Tool experience to include SCCM or WSUS for OS deployment, patch management, software distribution, and HW/SW inventory is desirable.
- Expert in the implementation, customisation and/or support of IT support products for standard IT disciplines including SAN and NAS storage in a Windows Server environment, backup and recovery solutions, and security, anti-virus, monitoring and scheduling tools.
- Highly adaptable to new technologies. High-level of monitoring, diagnostic and problem solving skills, with a keen eye for detail, and wide-ranging experience in the implementation, customisation and/or support of core system components.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.