Networking Solutions Architect
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The primary objective of the Networking Solutions Architect is to ensure the design of solutions that enable automated and virtualised computing across client environments. They work across Business Units and Service Units and have cross domain level knowledge.
This employee will collaborate with clients, account executives and engineers to understand business requirements, design architectures and deliver professional proposals.
What you'll be doing
- Outline technical architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation
- Be responsible for solution design, business development, and transition of projects from presales to delivery, and sales support
- Provide assistance on networking solutions, product plans and roadmaps
- Participate or lead in scope of work determination, product pricing, software quotations, cost estimates, work estimates and RFP/RFI responses
- Assist with the determination of outsourcing, product pricing and collaborates with the Client Manager to develop an implementation solution
- Manage client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which will require the involvement of the appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC
This position will require you to have a broad knowledge and experience solutioning:
- Network routing and switching
- Network transformation
- Hybrid WAN and IT networking
- Software Defined Networking
- Wireless Networking
- Datacentre Networking
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Demonstrable background working in a presales and technical architecture (networking / connectivity focused) environment.
- Broad exposure to multiple vendor technology.
- Deep knowledge across routing, switching, SDN, NSX, datacentre and wireless
- Capable of communicating technically and at C-Level.
- Ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.